Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sometimes, I don't want to hurt anymore...

   I honestly thought that my heart could not be broken further, could not be shattered into any more pieces...I thought I was as broken as broken can get. 



   I was wrong.

   I feel that each day I am broken even more. When I first learned about sex trafficking, I thought that was the most I'd cry for those women and girls that my heart hurts so much for. When I first realized that there were children who had no family, no one to care for them, I thought that was the most I'd feel for them. When I realized just how much injustice there really is in this world, I thought that would be the angriest that I'd be.

   But each day, it hurts more as I realize that it's just one more day that over 100,000 girls in America must live through the unimaginable as men use and reuse them over and over; just one more day that millions of children in Uganda (and all over the world) must live with no one to love them, no one to show them how lovely they are.

   And that utterly and completely shatters my heart.

   Sometimes, I find myself asking when this pain will cease, when I will be able to make it through a day without hurting for these people that I feel so deeply for. Sometimes, I don't want to hurt anymore.  
 
   But then I stop and really think about it...and I'm glad that it has not ceased yet because it motivates me, spurs me to move and work to end these cruelties. And that makes me hope that I will never stop feeling this. 

   Good things will come from my pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment