Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Too Dangerous to Try?

   There was a time that I was too afraid to raise my hand in class, let alone venture into the dark, dangerous corners of the earth.







 I think I'm overcoming that fear. But then that presents an entirely new issue because now there are times that I don't fully think through the situations I may one day find myself in. People have called me naive because I act like I'm invincible. People have called me crazy because I choose not to think about a lot of the dangers that my life work will probably place me in. People have told me that I cannot succeed and they don't understand why I even try to take on such an impossible injustice as human trafficking or orphans in Uganda. 

   Luckily, I don't really like to listen to people...especially when they tell me that I can't do something. So I will continue on this journey...wherever it takes me and into whatever situations it leads and to whomever I may meet along the way. Because, yes, it's scary sometimes to think about certain situations that I'm likely to end up in. And, yes, it's hard to think about the fact that I can't do everything and I can't save everyone I want to. But I also think it's worth it. Because if I can rescue one person and give them back the rights that were taken from them and show them love that they haven't known maybe ever before in their lives and introduce them to the King of the Universe...I've done my job and I will be satisfied. 

   And as to the dangerous part: I think Christine Caine says it best in this video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment